48 YEARS OF EXCELLENCE
VOTING IS NOW OPEN!
1959 RIVA ARISTON
SUBMITTED BY THE EXHIBITORS
1959 Riva Ariston
Wood Boat Post-war to 1965
Dan & Alicia Diehl
Carlo Riva brought this boat and two others to the Miami boat show in 1959 to let America see the beauty and quality of his boats. Found dilapidated in a field outside of Houston in 2013, Dan and his dad, Tom spent the next 5 years restoring “Bella Vita” to the condition it is today. Nearly every piece of wood was replaced. Special thanks to Clay Thompson for his friendship, daily support and technical help and Alan Weinstein for his expert advice on restoration accuracy.
Bella Vita is powered by a 185 HP Chris Craft 283. The striking interior of yellow with black and white checked fabric is original to this boat. It was the last boat built with the black and white steering wheel and the first to use the “new” Chris Craft style gauges.
- Best of Show Keels and Wheels 2018 and 2021
- Best in Class Keels and Wheels 2018
- Best Non-Professional Restoration Lake Tahoe Concours d’Elegance 2018
- First in Class Lake Tahoe Concours d’Elegance 2018
- Thunderbird Award Lake Tahoe Concours d’Elegance 2018
- Best in Show
- Heartland Classics Grand Lake 2018
- Platinum Award
- ACBS International Show Thousand Islands 2019